Wilderness Essays
Many who know me are painfully aware that I can talk about John Muir all day. John Muir is a conservationist who famously penned, “The mountains are calling and I must go.” Few know much more about Muir than that simple quote. However, he spent much of his time in nature and became a well known author for his Wilderness Essays. As you find yourself with more free time I would urge you to research and read about John Muir. He is a fascinating individual that we can all learn from.
The challenge for the week is this...
Start your own wilderness journal. Nature can help bring us a calmness and peacefulness we could all use right now. How do we go about enjoying nature when we are stuck at home? Look out your window, write down the things you see. What color is the grass, what small creatures are running around, what is the weather like? Journal every day or once a week. As the seasons start to change so will your journal entries. Another option would to be find a live cam (I love explore.org), and watch and journal about that. There are so many ways to explore nature without leaving your home. I will leave you with this quote from John Muir; “Nature is always lovely, invincible, glad, whatever is done and suffered by her creatures. All scars she heals, whether in rocks or water, or sky or hearts.”
The challenge for the week is this...
Start your own wilderness journal. Nature can help bring us a calmness and peacefulness we could all use right now. How do we go about enjoying nature when we are stuck at home? Look out your window, write down the things you see. What color is the grass, what small creatures are running around, what is the weather like? Journal every day or once a week. As the seasons start to change so will your journal entries. Another option would to be find a live cam (I love explore.org), and watch and journal about that. There are so many ways to explore nature without leaving your home. I will leave you with this quote from John Muir; “Nature is always lovely, invincible, glad, whatever is done and suffered by her creatures. All scars she heals, whether in rocks or water, or sky or hearts.”
Comments
Post a Comment